Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I meant the file on the cart. You need the PID of the seed in which the IVs are generated.

EDIT:
Here's what I did:
1. Found a seed with my desired IV spread
2. Copied the PID of the seed. Ex: 45fed2ky
3. Placed the PID above into the "Desired PID" space in Pandora's Box
4. Generated a list of TID/SID combos til' I found one I liked.
5. Took note of the seed that yielded my TID/SID of choice.
6. Pasted the seed into "Seed to Time" and found my delay.
7. Set my target delay to match the one in "Seed to Time" and left the calibrated delay and seconds alone.
8. Chose a year, date, and target second.
9. Attempted to hit my delay, entering my result into the obtained TID box in the last column in Pandora's Box, adjusting my timer by entering in the delay I hit into the timer.
10. I then saved my game when I got the correct TID. Remember that you'll see multiple seeds with the same TID. The way to deduce your SID is to remember your target seconds.

One last example. If you put your target seconds to 20 in "Seed to Time", use 17 seconds in your timer to hit your seed. Otherwise, you'll be landing on 23 seconds.

Oh God, I see what I've been doing. I was putting the seed in the place that was actually marked "PID". *faceslap* Thank you for your help. I might come back with more questions later.

EDIT: So, do I find a nonshiny PID, say 31/31/31/31/31/31, that I want to "turn shiny," and then perform the steps you listed for it starting with that PID?

Oh God, I see what I've been doing. I was putting the seed in the place that was actually marked "PID". *faceslap* Thank you for your help. I might come back with more questions later.

EDIT: So, do I find a nonshiny PID, say 31/31/31/31/31/31, that I want to "turn shiny," and then perform the steps you listed for it starting with that PID?
Yes. That's the entire purpose of Pandora's Box.

Sorry, but I just started trying to use rng manipulation. I am using a soulsilver cartridge and I am trying to catch a perfect IV ditto in order to breed future pokemon. The seed I am trying to hit is D2140289. This requires a delay of 638 at the time of 20:02:00 today. However, even while using Pika Timer, I cannot seem to hit my seed. The seeds I do hit do not come up with the search Elm function in RNG reporter, and I am not reliably hitting any of them anyway. I am not sure if there are any NPC's on route 47 that could be throwing off the frame.

In short, I am unsure of what I am doing wrong and I am getting frustrated.

EDIT: I'm having a problem hitting this seed. I'm saved in front of Articuno.

Seed: f1010f03
Date: 8/26/2012
Time: 1:18:15
Delay 3831
Roamer Location: R: 37 E: 42: L:24
IV: 30/22/30/30/30/31
Frame: 27

My problem is that Entei keeps ending on route 45 instead of route 42 and I can't find where I landed delay wise. Raikou and Latias are correct.
Hmm, roamers always make things complicated. Here's what I would do: In Seed to Time, don't enter the Roamer locations at all. Just enter your seed, pick a time, and generate adjacents. Then try to hit your seed and call Elm. The roamers would have advanced your frame by 2 or 3, maybe more since you have 3 roamers, so 2+ Elm responses will be skipped. Then just use Search Elm and you should get a result.

If that doesn't work, I would just KO/Catch your roamers (If you want to RNG them, DON'T catch them, KO them so they'll respawn after you beat Lance).

Weird problem-
I am abusing my ID/SID in SoulSilver. I have done this twice before, in HeartGold and Diamond. For some reason, when I plug my TID I get into Pandora's Box, I keep getting seemingly random results. The seconds range anywhere from 2-6 seconds off, and the delay is about 50-200 off. I am pretty experienced in 4th gen RNG so I know how to hit delays and everything. The really weird thing is, when I abused my ID in HeartGold and Diamond, this same exact thing happened to me. Yet it usually worked when I just picked a different ID to abuse for. I've done that this time, but still nowhere near getting it. What could the issue be? If more information is needed, I can provide it.
new page once again

I'm having a bit of a problem with Zomg/Eon Timer.

Okay, here's my setup. I transferred my save file from my HG game cart to my PC using the NDS Adaptor Plus, and loaded it via rom in DeSME to try to make RNG'ing a little easier (don't judge).

Problem is, from what I hear, DeSME and all other DS emulators synch to your computer's clock. And for some reason when I try to the best of my ability to synch the starting of either timer with my new time on my PC (hitting space, then clicking OK to the new time), the first timer jumps from 33 seconds to 50, thus horribly skewing me. On EonTimer it's even worse, because the first timer jumps to 100 from 33. What am I doing wrong? Is there some kind of glitch?

I'm having a bit of a problem with Zomg/Eon Timer.

Okay, here's my setup. I transferred my save file from my HG game cart to my PC using the NDS Adaptor Plus, and loaded it via rom in DeSME to try to make RNG'ing a little easier (don't judge).

Problem is, from what I hear, DeSME and all other DS emulators synch to your computer's clock. And for some reason when I try to the best of my ability to synch the starting of either timer with my new time on my PC (hitting space, then clicking OK to the new time), the first timer jumps from 33 seconds to 50, thus horribly skewing me. On EonTimer it's even worse, because the first timer jumps to 100 from 33. What am I doing wrong? Is there some kind of glitch?
You don't need a timer on an emulator. Here's a video from KazoWAR that demonstrate how to use an emulator/save states to RNG without a timer. It's a 7 part video so you might want to let all 7 parts load before you start watching. That way you'll be able to skip some of the not so important parts like where he's just searching.

Um. . . not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but any chance you could boil that down to the important bits so I'm not sifting through all 7 parts for two hours?

Um. . . not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but any chance you could boil that down to the important bits so I'm not sifting through all 7 parts for two hours?

When using an emu, there is no need for a timer. More often then not, the timer with an emulator is only going to be off by a lot and make things more frustrating. Just open the Memory viewer, switch it to the initial seed location, enter the game, take the seed put it in seeds to time.

No timer is needed for emu abuse. EVER.

Sorry, but I just started trying to use rng manipulation. I am using a soulsilver cartridge and I am trying to catch a perfect IV ditto in order to breed future pokemon. The seed I am trying to hit is D2140289. This requires a delay of 638 at the time of 20:02:00 today. However, even while using Pika Timer, I cannot seem to hit my seed. The seeds I do hit do not come up with the search Elm function in RNG reporter, and I am not reliably hitting any of them anyway. I am not sure if there are any NPC's on route 47 that could be throwing off the frame.

In short, I am unsure of what I am doing wrong and I am getting frustrated.
So, can anyone help me out here?

So, can anyone help me out here?
Use the Seed To Time function and check which seed you are hitting the most of the time, and adjust your timer accordingly. Also, from most cases I've seen, you'll need a GBA game (not sure if a pokemon one or just any GBA cartridge will work) inserted into your GBA slot to hit an even delay.

Use the Seed To Time function and check which seed you are hitting the most of the time, and adjust your timer accordingly. Also, from most cases I've seen, you'll need a GBA game (not sure if a pokemon one or just any GBA cartridge will work) inserted into your GBA slot to hit an even delay.
Thats the thing, I have tried to use the seed to time function to check which seed I am hitting, and it doesn't know. I get absurd Elm call combinations like 6 pokerus calls in a row, and it can't match it with a seed that is anywhere in the ballpark. Whats worse is I have a different seed each time and it still cannot find them. I am still plugging away at it. Tried putting a GBA game in there and I managed to hit a seed that it could identify (was 8 delay off).

(Edit) I have started hitting some seeds the program recognizes. . . I seem to be 2 frame rates ahead. Does anyone know if there are any npcs on route 47 in HGSS that throw off frame or do you just start with a frame of 2 for some reason.

(Edit 2) Thank you for the help, and now I need to ask a few quick dumb questions. (Please anyone who is on and knows the answers let me know, I have left my game running paused, and the power may go out due to the incoming storm) I hit my seed but I may have screwed up. I am at the necessary frame of 87. :( I am one step away from the grass with no sweet scenter (although I may be able to teach it to a pokemon if it doesn't advance the frame). So the questions are: 1) Am I screwed? 2) If so, what frame should I advance to through elm calls, in order to capture this pokemon? (based on either sweet scent or walking). 3) I noticed that it says encounter slot of 7 what does this entail/require/mean and does it affect me in any way? 4) I am still curious, why has my starting frame consistently been 2?

When using an emu, there is no need for a timer. More often then not, the timer with an emulator is only going to be off by a lot and make things more frustrating. Just open the Memory viewer, switch it to the initial seed location, enter the game, take the seed put it in seeds to time.

No timer is needed for emu abuse. EVER.
Before I give you a huge hug of thanks, I would like to know exactly what I'm supposed to do once I open the "view memory" and jump to the address of my seed. Do I close it, then start my game, and then just start advancing the frame?

Before I give you a huge hug of thanks, I would like to know exactly what I'm supposed to do once I open the "view memory" and jump to the address of my seed. Do I close it, then start my game, and then just start advancing the frame?
You should always have it opened to know what delay you hit, and keep track of the frames.

You don't need a timer on an emulator. Here's a video from KazoWAR that demonstrate how to use an emulator/save states to RNG without a timer. It's a 7 part video so you might want to let all 7 parts load before you start watching. That way you'll be able to skip some of the not so important parts like where he's just searching.
I wish this guy in the videos would speak with more energy, clarity, and enthusiasm. He makes himself rather difficult to follow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)